Translate

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

All coffee is not created equal


So you may think this is a coffee plug blog....OMG, say that one three times! Coffee, plug blog, coffee plug blog, coffee plug blog, doesn't exactly roll off the tongue eh. It's also hard not to laugh or at least smile trying to say those three words.You end up saying blah, blah, blah, try it now! See.
I get distracted easily eh, but that was one tongue twister. Speaking of tongues, I cannot roll mine and half my family can. Do you know that it is genetic, I remember reading this in a science book. I also have a friend , actually two friends who can tie a cherry stem in their mouth into a bow.Whoa! I thought the only time I would see that was an actress doing it on that old show "Twin Peaks", but I thought it was fake back then, no way anyone could actually do that. In my books, that is one impressive stunt. I don't even know how to start to try and do that one, my tongue just isn't that dexterous, it just moves the stem back and forth, no bows even by accident.. Darn.
Back to coffee, I used to buy big company coffee by the pound, but found that it was getting mighty expensive. I still go there for my Americano after work or on the weekends because it is good stuff, but there is a coffee company close to me that I am starting to like a lot for a couple of reasons.
It's Equator and it's in the little town of Almonte which I live close to.
I'm tired of paying the big company prices, so I drive over to Almonte and check out Equator cafe. I'm a bold girl myself (ahem, check blog name), so I am looking at their various flavours and see one called West Coast Blend on sale for $9. Say what!! A pound at my other coffee place is $17. per pound. I'm thinking that even if it's not great, come on, at that price I got the best deal of my life, and felt that even more when I put it into my bodum and had my first cup.

                                                        It was tres delicious!!

I went back again wanting to back my car up, open my trunk, and buy a few pounds of this West Coast blend, but alas, was told that they were just trying it out that week. I was a tad distressed because this was seriously one of the best coffees I have enjoyed in me life.
So after sulking for awhile, no that's a lie, I was a big girl and just looked around at what else they had to offer. I bought some organic espresso on sale for $9. and OMG it was quite good. West coast was still my all-time favourite, but this espresso and the Sumatran I recently bought was smooth but bold and I definitely needed more than one cup. All of these coffees were on sale for $9. and I'm starting to believe that this is a little jewel of a place where Lanark county people should be checking out.
Check it our for one of two reason...to save a little on your pocketbook and to imbibe a heavenly cup of joe.
That's my plug, check them out.
You'll thank me.
Also if Equator wants to thank me by giving me any free samples for this most awesome product plug, I wouldn't say no.
Con


1 comment:

  1. I cannot tie anythin with my tongue or roll it either....

    ReplyDelete