Translate

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fans With Benefits/Dave Matthews/Toronto/June/2012

Okay here goes..BEST weekend so far 2012, second only to my week visiting my sista in Victoria in the freezing month of January. Have to admit that my birthday in Victoria was pretty sweet, but I digress. ♥
I was a lucky recipient of a concert ticket from my friend Nancy that she had won through Amex and Facebook contest "Fans with Benefits".
OMG, what an awesome contest!! Don't judge me for saying OMG and awesome in the same sentence. It was the most exciting thing to happen to me so far this year okay!! I'm sure there is more in store for me, and when it happens will let you know....
Here is what happened:
1. We arrived at the concert..in this particular case it was at the Molson Canadian Amphitheatre in Toronto June 2nd, 2012 at around 6:00 pm.
2. We got out of our cab and no word of a lie, the rain stopped and the sun came out (Dave apparently has power).
3. We walked over to the Amex entry, they noticed our 'Fans With Benefits" winner badge and checked Nancy's name and the magic began :D  Did I mention we were winners?
4. We were whisked through the grounds to the Amex lounge. Our picture was taken (say what sista!!), and we went to the bar for our free drinks...so we ordered Canadian beer :D (because that was free and we were happy)
5. Then we decided on eating so had a fabulous buffet (if there is salmon, I am a happy girl), and lots of goodies and desserts. There was even a candy table...my girls would have been so jealous...and more drinks.
6. Oh yes they also interviewed us and that was hilarious...they spotted us posing for pictures with our 'winners' badge saying "Oh yah who's a winner??"and came over and asked to interview us about our experience. We talked to them, posed again, told them my favourite Dave Matthews songs, was given another drink and sent on our ways...
7. The magic continues throughout the concert..Mr. Matthews continues to be the most amazing performer and pretty darn sexy to boot. (sure loves his plaid eh)
8. The only sour note was the drunken stoned woman behind us who spilled her beer on Nancy's head....who the f%^k dances with a full beer?? We avoided getting hit for most of the concert with one eye on the stage and one eye on her, but she finally got us! We both said in unison, "You can freakin dance, just put your beer down!! We've been dodging you for over an hour with the dancing and holding your beer in the air!!", and she actually said, "Why would you not say anything for an hour??" Is there an answer to this question??
OMG, are you fu*&ing kidding me!! I'm a lover not a fighter but this drunken woman wore me down...
Back to our wonderful experience ♥  Dave played "You & Me" so I was a happy camper, great tune.
Dave Matthews is Mr. Peace and Love..don't want to get into a brawl so we left our seats and watched the encore with security..in the aisles.
9. BUT, this didn't dampen our spirits..we went to the after party and watched "Blind Pilot", it was apparently the lead singer's birthday, "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you!"
10. We found an after hours cab driver to drive us back to our hotel and called it a night..
And what a night it was....pictures should follow :D
Thank you Amex....count me in next time, and what a fabulous idea for your fans....
I'm a huge fan of one of your fans, but seriously thinking of becoming one of your #1 fans. You really know how to treat a lady....
Con

1 comment:

  1. My sista is a star!!!! So glad you both had a fab time and did not go shopping!

    ReplyDelete