Translate

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer is here and the livin' is easy....especially in Wakefield ♥

I love my job and I love being off for the summer. Working with kids is both a blessing and a challenge and one that benefits from having a two month recharge every year...this is a time for writing, which is my favourite pastime. I have a great tip for all you people out there who need to take a breather, a break from the rat race, a chance to get off the wheel for a moment....Here it is. Just get in your car and drive to Wakefield, Quebec. I went there for Canada Day Weekend and I love, love, love it there ♥  Why you ask? Well grab yourself a cup of hot cocoa and sit down in one of my easy chairs and..hey, wait a minute I'm ripping off The Friendly Giant....did you recognize that, no too young eh? Thought so, let's carry on....

My mom grew up past Wakefield so we drove past it countless times on our way to visit grandma. It wasn't until I was older that I discovered what a gem it was! The cafes, the restaurants, the B&B's.....the Black Sheep Inn where I saw The Skydiggers on Canada Day, the bungee jumping, zip lining and yes, even scuba diving. One cafe is owned by a couple of guys from the band Fiftymen, who served us our cold ones and is also the home of bacon jam (yum). Come on, admit it,  you want to try it! Hey, you only live once...

                          
We stayed at a B&B called Les Trois Erables and it was in a perfect spot, smack dab in the middle of the village. We could walk to the cafes, the Black Sheep, the shops. The only thing on the agenda was relaxation, and we have two teenagers so I know what you're thinking? You're thinking those two were ripe for the picking in needing a little mood-free environment for a day or two...you betcha your rooster Rusty we did !! Yup back to The Friendly Giant, don't even ask. It was nice to not have anything ridiculous come out of my mouth for two whole days (see blog When to talk to your teenage girls to understand :D ) , well my husband seemed to think I made sense for  the whole weekend, or so he let on. It could have been the beer and wine plus the excellent cuisine that was served at the fine Wakefield establishments we visited. Or it could have been the zen like zone we entered upon arriving. Whatever it was, just get in your car and go. You will thank me, or send flowers, whichever is easiest.
Con








No comments:

Post a Comment