Translate

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Havin' a heat wave

                                          I'm melting!



 
 
 First of all, this was written in July 2013 when our heat wave was going on....it's over now, hallelujah I say! The weather is cooler, with fall coming. Sigh! It's hard to say goodbye to summer. Well, I'm not, nope! There's a few more weeks and it's not over until I have to look at my alarm clock and slowly set it for 6:30 am!! How is god's name do I get up at that time for 10 months of the year. Could I be super woman?
 

July-bathroom reno week - no air, du, du, duh!! 

Air is down and I'm living with two fans. It's hard to wear clothes, but I will do it to avoid giving anyone visuals they may not ever want. I'm not bad lookin', but hey, I am 51!
We are having renos done to our bathroom, and have noticed something, well, I didn't really notice it until I mentioned it to my doctor and we had a "summer heat" talk. I love my doctor, can talk to him about everything..do you have a doctor like that? If not, find one, makes your life so much easier, and you don't feel crazy because they can make sense of anything that is going on with you! I come out of his office with my head held high, thinking oh yah, that's right, I'm okay, I'm normal :)
So, I told him about the two guys working on the bathroom. They are quite different in age, one being older, like myself, and the other being a young whippersnapper. The curious thing is that every time the young one comes up the stairs, he lets out this long sigh, which basically says to me, "God, I'm dying here, who in their right mind doesn't have air (as in conditioning)!! Yes, we normally do, and will again, but the renos are sucking all our available cash at the moment, so many trips to Rona. I feel I need to explain myself. Yes, I am Canadian! My doctor reminded me that up until 15 years ago, many places didn't have air, and we were accustomed to this. It's true, I remember! I survived the 70's, and the 80's, and we had some hot, fry your eggs on the hood of your car, kind of weather! The house I lived in a few years ago didn't have air. It was full of fans though, a lot of fans, which made for a crazy time when bats got in the house, but that's another story, albeit a horror one. So, the older reno guy in response to my inquiry as to how he's doing in the heat always said, "It is what it is". He doesn't seem bothered even though I know he can wring his shirt out when he gets home, nice visual eh!
 
So the lesson here is that the older guys and the ladies like myself do remember back to a time where working in the summer heat was the norm and we survived. Not that I want to go back to those times, but you got to be impressed with the attitude of the older Reno guy, let's call him Brian. There's something to be said about having this attitude and it probably makes his day a lot easier than the young sigher! Speaking of the youngin', maybe taking the stairs and running out to his truck for water every 20 minutes didn't help, we do have water, but (insert sigh) his was colder :(

It is what it is
 
♥ Con
 

No comments:

Post a Comment